• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National Grid - Warwick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Grid - Warwick

Has anyone worked at the National Grid site in Warwick? If so, what's it like in terms of parking, facilities etc?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Has anyone worked at the National Grid site in Warwick? If so, what's it like in terms of parking, facilities etc?
    Never worked for the Grid but did share the building while at Accenture a few years back. Parking was flipping rotten but you could park on the road of the estate. otherwise for Accenture it was a trot down to an overflow public park that used to flood...

Nice building and loads of rabbits all over the place if you get in early

Comment

Shocking I've heard........
      Blood in your poo

Comment

As a shareholder in National Grid I trust they make a charge for contractor parking
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

They won't let you through the gate without a pass and you have to reverse into the spaces for 'elf n safety reasons. Bizarre I know, but its stricktly enforced and they revoke your pass if you don't comply.

I'm not joking!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
            They won't let you through the gate without a pass and you have to reverse into the spaces for 'elf n safety reasons. Bizarre I know, but its stricktly enforced and they revoke your pass if you don't comply.

I'm not joking!
            Used to have the reverse parking policy at a couple of defense clients so you can drive out quickly if needed to evacuate the area. Not sure why they would need this at Nat Grid. Please don't tell me it is just to save accidents by people reversing out in to things!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Used to have the reverse parking policy at a couple of defense clients so you can drive out quickly if needed to evacuate the area. Not sure why they would need this at Nat Grid. Please don't tell me it is just to save accidents by people reversing out in to things!
              You got it!

Comment

Working...
              X