• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve Email Fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had contact with some clients in the past where I've called them and asked if they received my application, they initially claim they hadn't, so I made a quick phone call to JS and they soon assured me that all of my email applications had been sent and successfully received by the client's email servers, they even consulted with their tech support team and the logs clearly showed they had been sent by JS and received by the client.

Sometimes I think when some clients get direct phone calls, they may just think it's quicker to say 'no' than to find your specific application whilst on the phone, amongst the 50-100 others. Must be easier for them to just say 'no, please send it to me again'. The chances are that they have received your applications, but the clients aren't always being truthful with you.

Most of the time I think it's the clients who are the causing the problems here, I've been using JS for years and I will continue for years to come - they've always been really helpful

Comment

I've NEVER used the JS-email route, it's always been dodgy for me.

I always put the full reference in the email subject and send my application direct to the agent.

But my last 2 contracts have been via LinkedIn so it's a bit of a moot point...

(Although I did notice that when I last looked at JS there were fewer agents putting their own emails on there so I guess you'll have to guess the direct email these days.)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I notice that JobServe has been all over my blog this morning, linking from this and the other current thread discussing their website. So, they must at least be aware of the widespread criticism they're receiving amongst contractors. Perhaps they'd like to pop in and explain their policies, rather than just reading?

Maybe your idea of using utilising LinkedIn is worth a go, cojak. I haven't used it in earnest myself to date, since posting your work history all over the internet isn't really my thing. I don't use Facebook for the same reason. Maybe it's possible to find some sort of middle ground, though. I keep a blog for professional purposes that I exclude all personal info (other than my name) from, so I guess I may be able to do something similar on LinkedIn and see what's what. Whether LinkedIn is the way forward or not, it does at least appear that JobServe has become far less of an effective medium for liaising with recruiters and clients than it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          (Although I did notice that when I last looked at JS there were fewer agents putting their own emails on there so I guess you'll have to guess the direct email these days.)
          I don't think there are any recruiters who use a non-JobServe addresses now. I think that's part of JobServe's T&Cs for advertisers.

Comment

I applied for a role in Friday via JS and heard nothing. Read this thread and contacted recruiter direct and received a positive response immediately, so I have to agree with the OP, summert's broke....

Comment

Originally posted by BobTucker View Post
              I've had contact with some clients in the past where I've called them and asked if they received my application, they initially claim they hadn't, so I made a quick phone call to JS and they soon assured me that all of my email applications had been sent and successfully received by the client's email servers, they even consulted with their tech support team and the logs clearly showed they had been sent by JS and received by the client.

Sometimes I think when some clients get direct phone calls, they may just think it's quicker to say 'no' than to find your specific application whilst on the phone, amongst the 50-100 others. Must be easier for them to just say 'no, please send it to me again'. The chances are that they have received your applications, but the clients aren't always being truthful with you.

Most of the time I think it's the clients who are the causing the problems here, I've been using JS for years and I will continue for years to come - they've always been really helpful
              Or perhaps I'm mistaken; maybe JobServe has already contributed to this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                Or perhaps I'm mistaken; maybe JobServe has already contributed to this thread?
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X