• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Other contractor on £100 a day more than me !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Seriously there are an awful lot of people who are this stupid (my wife works with at least 4 people who are thicker than the original poster).
    Yes. But one does not expect them to be working in IT let alone as a contractor. Except for the Bobs and Bobettes.

Comment

I had the same thing a few clients ago. I was on 2k a day and found out that a colleague was on £1500 a day.

I was horrified and offered him the money immediately and stopped sleeping with his wife ... as much. My manager was furious when I raised it in my annual review and being as we had changed positions and projects a few time he could adjust the benign accordingly.

I love being a contractor!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
        I've discovered indirectly from the client that the other contractor on my team - working through the same agent! - is on £100 a day more than me

My first question is, is this legal? I am guessing you are all going to tell me that yes it is perfectly legal and that I should know this as a contractor. Fair enough but I am just checking. I have already approached the agent about a rise on renewal but he is only prepared to agree a cost-of-living rise which we agreed is about £500 a year in higher fuel costs... not a lot. When I raised with him the fact that the other contractor is on so much more his attitude was pretty much "tough luck". Seems like he will not budge unless I can find a legal angle on this.

Anyway, it got me thinking. I saw a good programme on TV last night where they revealed everyone's salary, and some of the higher paid staff ended up agreeing to take a pay cut to fund an increase in the lower-paid staff's wages.

Do you think there is any chance at all that my colleague would agree to a £50-a-day drop in rate in order to make us equal? I know it's a long shot but it's eating me up.
        Well done moderator! It was worth letting this run for a while just to read some of the replies.....

Comment

Working...
        X