• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much £/day should i leave the agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    Boom!!

2 month extension £60/day increase

Happy days! Roll on the weekend!
    Gotta be a for that.

Just a quick question. Only 2 months? Is that what you expected rate rise or not or could it have been longer without the increase?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Congrats! As someone else pointed out on these threads, it's one of those who blinks first.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Gotta be a for that.

Just a quick question. Only 2 months? Is that what you expected rate rise or not or could it have been longer without the increase?
        Ta very much

2 months was the extension offer in first place, I knew the agent was taking £100/day so I upped my rate by £60/day as it was highly unlikely they'd get another contractor in as the purpose of the extension was to pass knowledge onto the current and new permie staff.
        Last edited by Fandango; 30 March 2012, 22:34.

Comment

Ta very much

2 months was the extension offer in first place, I knew the agent was taking £100/day do I upped my rate by £60/day as it was highly unlikely they'd get another contractor in as the purpose of the extension was to pass knowledge onto the current and new permie staff.
          Either you're on a v high rate or he was taking the piss on £100 per day anyway.
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I was on £400/day, agent was charging £500

So it's just a case of redistributing the wealth

Comment

Boom!!

2 month extension £60/day increase

Happy days! Roll on the weekend!
              Booyah! Congrats.
              There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Comment

Nice Move!

Comment

Working...
                X