• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

status after interview "put on hold"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mos View Post
    I am also very suspicious about this job, as this bank is known to produce job specs / numbers for each opening – but not for the jobs for which I have been recently interviewed. I worked there twice before – and during recent interviews I was being questioned in detail about my previous experience at this bank. Is it possible that hiring managers are also phonies these days and re fishing for dirt on their coworkers (have I mentioned that hiring managers were newbies at the bank) ?
    Quite possibly. I once had an interview where I had to explain the merits of User Acceptance Testing and why it was needed. I also had to plan out the strategy on a white board. What they got was 45 minutes free consultancy...gits!
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
      I once had an interview where I had to explain the merits of User Acceptance Testing and why it was needed. I also had to plan out the strategy on a white board. What they got was 45 minutes free consultancy...
      ... or, how they call it now, work experience.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
        ... or, how they call it now, work experience.
        lol
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Standard agency comment - basically means the job isn't yours, you're not good enough.
          Could be, but not always. It could be that it was a multi-agency gig and you lost out as the agency in question didn't get picked because:

a) agency are "out of favour" for some reason

b) the ClientCo wanted to balance the contractor/agency levels and that agency lost out

c) you weren't put forward in the first place.

Comment

Or your clients 2nd choice and they're waiting to see if the first choice accepts but dont want to tell you that and keep you hanging on in case they need to come back to you.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Or your clients 2nd choice and they're waiting to see if the first choice accepts but dont want to tell you that and keep you hanging on in case they need to come back to you.
              Now its clear - I did not get he job. Thanks for all your posts.
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
              X