• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Finally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Finally

Just been offered a contract less than 5 mins drive away from home paying £35/day more than current contract. Not quite as much as the £85/day extra previously offered (where's Bolshie) but this time it is a 6 month contract. Just awaiting start date confirmation and then will hand in notice.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Just been offered a contract less than 5 mins drive away from home paying £35/day more than current contract. Not quite as much as the £85/day extra previously offered (where's Bolshie) but this time it is a 6 month contract. Just awaiting start date confirmation and then will hand in notice.
    Right. So very roughly, you're 50 quid a day down on the deal plus you turned down the extra 85 quid a day job because you thought you'd easily get one paying a lot more than that?

You're right, BOOMED!

Good luck btw.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

That'll do nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Right. So very roughly, you're 50 quid a day down on the deal plus you turned down the extra 85 quid a day job because you thought you'd easily get one paying a lot more than that?

You're right, BOOMED!

Good luck btw.
        Had other interview offers in banking (think big bank in sheffield) paying a fair amount more, but I accepted this one due to it being so close to home and freeing up my time so I can enjoy other things in life. I am good at what I do (even if I do say so myself) so the rates are there it's just whether I am willing to travel or not.

Also cheers for wishing me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Had other interview offers in banking (think big bank in sheffield) paying a fair amount more, but I accepted this one due to it being so close to home and freeing up my time so I can enjoy other things in life. I am good at what I do (even if I do say so myself) so the rates are there it's just whether I am willing to travel or not.

Also cheers for wishing me luck.
          I agree with you, you have to factor in quality of life and the cost of travelling when looking at the rate. So you are £50 down on what you could earn, but how much of that £50 would be lost to travel expenses and commuting time. Congrats.

Comment

Well done fella. That's how I tend to think of contracts, more money isn't always better.
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Congrats.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X