• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exclusive Representation Email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive Representation Email

I'm probably finishing my present contract at the end of next month, so i chucked my CV up on the job boards over the weekend, and as per usual today I've been contacted by several agents with the usual mix of unsuitable roles and/or fishing exercises. However, i did have one that seems fairly genuine and has a role coming up in April and is keen to get me across to the client. However he's asked me to send an email with this exclusive representation statement in it, which is something I've never done before. In the past its just been a verbal agreement over the phone that i am happy for them to represent me to the client, and obviously if i'm contacted by someone else for the same role, i just say i'm afraid i'm already being represented.

"I <contractor> hereby declare that <agent> of <agency> will be representing me exclusively in my search for furthered employment with <ClientCo> , I have not or will not give my consent to be either represented or have my profile forwarded to <ClientCo> by another agency or acting body without prior written consent of either <agent> or <agency>"
    He's divulged the client name which would seem to indicate the role is pretty genuine and i've got no quarms with him representing me if I get the rate I've asked for.

However, regardless of the outcome of this role, this seems to ensure that in the future i could only ever go to this company via them.

I've no idea if they would be unwilling to submit me if i don't send it, as i only received it tonight, but if that was the case then i guess i can always go direct now i know who it is

Not had this before, thoughts?

I'm happy for agency to represent me to the client provided that you can confirm that your agency are on the preferred supplier list of the client and that you actually forward my CV to the client within 24 hours.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

As wanderer said, I would OK that, as long as you put in some caveats such as within a certain time frame for instance.

However use the exclusivity with the agent and their commission cut once you get an offer to notch up a slightly better rate.

Good luck, hope it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        I'm happy for agency to represent me to the client provided that you can confirm that your agency are on the preferred supplier list of the client and that you actually forward my CV to the client within 24 hours.
        I'd probably also add a timescale to it. 10 days or so
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not an issue.

I would be specific about this specific role and not any old role.

As said by someone else, ensure they are on the PSL, and I always ensure they are on a fixed %age margin above my rate, and also ensuring that my CV is put forward and not just put in the bin to avoid me being any competition for their other contractors who have had their contracts put forward.

Put a deadline on their representation.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Agree with that - only I would liimit to to particular role(s).

Alternative, as someone else suggested, is to have a time limit.

Comment

THIS!

Comment

thanks for the replies

I batted it back with reply of happy to represented by you for this role only, and would like confirmation of my cv being sent to them and if i've heard nothing in 10 days and i'm aproached by other agents then i'm free to go with them if i feel we're not getting anywhere

He seemed happy with that

cheers

Comment

OK, some great suggestions there. How about this for a boilerplate wording:

MyLTD agrees to allow agency to exclusively represent me to client for role for a period of 10 days from today on the understanding that agency are on the preferred supplier list of client and that agency will confirm to MyLTD in writing that the CV has been sent to to the client within 24 hours of the receipt of this approval.
                  Sounds pretty reasonable, doesn't it?
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Sounds pretty reasonable, doesn't it?
                    Does to me, except: "...of the receipt of this approval."

The devious b'stards could always claim the never received your approval. So I'd probably rephrase it to state the "dispatch" of your approval.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X