• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aston Carter - Useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aston Carter - Useless

How have you guys found this lot?

The first time I applied through them they spammed my CV out to half of London without discussing roles with me.

Then a few weeks back, I applied for 2 roles there and ended up between 2 agents publically having a squabble with their manager about who was more senior and who would get to represent me.

They then didn't turn up for a planned meeting and then wouldn't let me see my preferred agent, who had already lined up an interesting role for me, due to their single consultant policy.

Useless! I'd rather go hungry than work through them.

Loads of threads discussing Aston Carter

aston carter site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
      How have you guys found this lot?

The first time I applied through them they spammed my CV out to half of London without discussing roles with me.

Then a few weeks back, I applied for 2 roles there and ended up between 2 agents publically having a squabble with their manager about who was more senior and who would get to represent me.

They then didn't turn up for a planned meeting and then wouldn't let me see my preferred agent, who had already lined up an interesting role for me, due to their single consultant policy.

Useless! I'd rather go hungry than work through them.
      been with them on this gig, no issues to be fair, pay quick too! but thats just my opinion
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Had problems with them as well. Took 2 months to get final payment. Didn't bother even replying to emails.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
          Had problems with them as well. Took 2 months to get final payment. Didn't bother even replying to emails.
          Ah, now, this might bite me this month...
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Ah, now, this might bite me this month...
            Follow payontime
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Having similar issues in my current gig,

1) Agent sent my old cv frm job borad , interviewer asked me why you took 7 months break? whatttttttt!!

2) Not replying to emails

3) Month end payment, their parent company allegis is good in terms of payment.

Comment

Working...
              X