• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mini-boomette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini-boomette

3 week mini-boomette agreed today, taking me to end of March.

And indication of possibly more into April once new budgets sorted out.

This make I happy
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Also, talk of 2 permie dev hires (or rather fixed term contracts) has been shelved due to the way the org is restructuring in 9 months.

So even more possibilities for me to get my grubby mitts on

Comment

Well done!

I have just managed to secure a couple of extra months out of my client too They made some redundancies recently and as a result wanted me to pick up some extra work that was due to be handled by one of the recently departed permie managers.

Open quick question - I negotiated no notice period for this extension so if something bigger and better comes along I could jump on it. Out of courtesy what would be considered a good notice period for a client in this situation in your view?
            Last edited by redgiant; 14 February 2012, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
              Well done!

I have just managed to secure a couple of extra months out of my client too They made some redundancies recently and as a result wanted me to pick up some extra work that was due to be handled by one of the recently departed permie managers.

Open quick question - I negotiated no notice period for this extension so if something bigger and better comes along I could jump on it. Out of courtesy what would be considered a good notice period for a client in this situation in your view?
              can of worms that one!

Legally, you can walk out the door and not come back.

You'll been within your rights to offer them a day, 2, a week.

But in reality , someone at client co might well be pissed off if it's anything less than a month which they will see as standard, despite what someone higher up in management might have agreed to.

So chances are high someone is going to slag you off to all and sundry for "walking out", even though you will be well within your rights.

trend carefully and be aware what could happen.

Comment

Congrats!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
                  Well done!

Sart putting together handover material now, speak with your manager about what the required handover period would be and don't leave them in the lurch.

I've negotiated a shorter notice period in the past, but made sure that handovers were being done well in advance if need be and people had access to the necessary materials before I left.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Sart putting together handover material now, speak with your manager about what the required handover period would be and don't leave them in the lurch.

I've negotiated a shorter notice period in the past, but made sure that handovers were being done well in advance if need be and people had access to the necessary materials before I left.
                    Good advice, thanks. I pretty much did that before I found out I was being extended and the handover I went though before they made the final sign off only lasted about 45mins. I will document as much as I can when I do it so if it does happen I can run through a hand over again.

Comment

Working...
                    X