• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding short term or flexible contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding short term or flexible contracts

I am looking for short term (less than 1 week) or flexible (e.g 10 days over two months) contracts. Anyone know where the best place to find this sort of work is? I have been contracting for a long time, but always used Jobserve or CWJobs up to now - there is not a lot of these sort of contracts advertised on Jobserve.

I have just landed a contract which is on this sort of basis by recommendation from a previous client, but want several more to keep the income going.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need something like Peopleperhour.com or that kind of stuff but after looking at these a few times I gave up. The rates and work are terrible. If you are looking for stuff at reasonable market rates I would say direct contact/marketing and trying to sell your services to them might be a better option.

Not knowing your skill set makes it very difficult to give advice.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hollia View Post
      I am looking for short term (less than 1 week) or flexible (e.g 10 days over two months) contracts. Anyone know where the best place to find this sort of work is? I have been contracting for a long time, but always used Jobserve or CWJobs up to now - there is not a lot of these sort of contracts advertised on Jobserve.

I have just landed a contract which is on this sort of basis by recommendation from a previous client, but want several more to keep the income going.

Thanks in advance.
      Ads section in local papers? (and surrounding areas local papers).

Or perhaps work on your linkedin.com profile, and/or get your own website up and running, marketing whatever service you are providing.

Google adwords?
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Sounds like you need something like Peopleperhour.com or that kind of stuff but after looking at these a few times I gave up. The rates and work are terrible. If you are looking for stuff at reasonable market rates I would say direct contact/marketing and trying to sell your services to them might be a better option.

Not knowing your skill set makes it very difficult to give advice.
        OMG I just had a look at peopleperhour.com - looks like a place where programmers go to get raped. The "clients" pay less than you would for a permy developer. This is probably not very good for the professional contractor rates!

Comment

Working...
        X