• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booger - got the boot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booger - got the boot

Happy happy joy joy - I got the boot because the permies have got nothing to do as their contract has been postponed.

I'm on a "weeks" notice from the agency contractually speaking. Am I able to charge for that? - I've never had the boot before.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Happy happy joy joy - I got the boot because the permies have got nothing to do as their contract has been postponed.

I'm on a "weeks" notice from the agency contractually speaking. Am I able to charge for that? - I've never had the boot before.
    Depends on the exact wording of your contract but fundmentally, yes, you should be able to charge for the weeks notice period. After all, technically you are still under contract untill the period expires. If they want you off site immediately let them know you will bill them in due course and take a week off and look for a new contract.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      Depends on the exact wording of your contract but fundmentally, yes, you should be able to charge for the weeks notice period. After all, technically you are still under contract untill the period expires. If they want you off site immediately let them know you will bill them in due course and take a week off and look for a new contract.
      I would add though they might stipulate that you need a signed time sheet before you can be paid for a period, worth checking that in case you take a week off then dont have a signed time sheet for that period and therefore forfeit payment.

Comment

Working...
      X