• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone experienced Real Staffing?

My first impressions of them aren't great:

I've always found them to be one of these that puts you forward but doesn't tell you when you've failed. But more has happened this week that now makes me think worse of them

Monday they rang about an opportunity and said it was in my hometown. They asked how much am I on, I told them and they said this role is more junior and might only go upto £300. They described the role and I admit I thought it sounded like easy money. So I told them to put me forward and they agreen to e-mail me the spec and I'll see if it sounds easy enough for that money with the bonus of it being close to home.

a) They didn't send me the spec
    b) Today they rang me with other news (see next point) and so I questioned this first contract and they now say it is 90 miles away in Hertfordshire
    c) Today they rang twice when I couldn't take the call and they didn't bother leaving a message & witheld their number. When I rang to chase about the £300 contract they said they twice called earlier because they have some news. And that news is.................they've got me an interview for a contract I didn't even know I had applied for! I asked what daily rate is the client thinking of and they said the £300 I allegedly said on Monday I would consider That's £200 less than I was getting for doing the same task 3 months ago at another client. Real Staffing have been taking the P I think, assuming I'd accept such a low rate for all contracts when they know full well what I've been getting for similar work recently. As it stands, I've told them I'll do the phone interview but they must send me a spec for this as well so that I can see how junior it is for that money

The one I've got an interview for is in fact close to home. So that coupled with the "1 in a hand vs 2 in a bush" may mean I still do the interview and accept the low £300 if offered. The next test is whether they do send me a spec before the interview. I bet you they won't!
    Last edited by PTP; 13 June 2012, 20:52.

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post
      <stuff>!
      Do you a problem with one agent or the whole company? People have to be a bit more specific if they are going to go agent bashing.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just 1 agent has been dealing with me over these 2 contracts.

There's a 2nd agent there who has mentioned other jobs to me before and has also done the frustrating thing of not updating you if your application has failed and not responded to e-mails / requests for a call back ---- but I can just about tolerate that as standard from agencies
        Last edited by PTP; 13 June 2012, 21:17.

Comment

That winds me up. If the rate wasn't up to much then I'd flatly refuse to do the telephone interview unless you have the spec up front.

Also tell them that they need to pass you a written spec and get your permission in writing before they put you forward.

Sometimes these idiots have an agreement to put 5 candidates forward for interviews at these times and when they can't find anyone they pick someone at random (who may be totally unsuitable) and tell them they have an interview. It just wastes everyone's time and pisses people off.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            That winds me up. If the rate wasn't up to much then I'd flatly refuse to do the telephone interview unless you have the spec up front.

Also tell them that they need to pass you a written spec and get your permission in writing before they put you forward.

Sometimes these idiots have an agreement to put 5 candidates forward for interviews at these times and when they can't find anyone they pick someone at random (who may be totally unsuitable) and tell them they have an interview. It just wastes everyone's time and pisses people off.
            Lack of a spec normally means an agency chancing their arm in my opinion.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Lack of a spec normally means an agency chancing their arm in my opinion.
              This for me. Agents don't know enough about roles to be left with the responsibility of sourcing someone with no defined spec.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm not keen on one of Procura's T&C's: We keep 20% (I think it was that much) of your income until contract is fulfilled. If you leave early then we get to keep it
                How long ago was this ?

I just saw a contract from Procura and it didn't have such clauses. It had the usual penalty clauses for working for the client etc.

Comment

Has anyone experienced Real Staffing?

My first impressions of them aren't great:

I've always found them to be one of these that puts you forward but doesn't tell you when you've failed. But more has happened this week that now makes me think worse of them

Monday they rang about an opportunity and said it was in my hometown. They asked how much am I on, I told them and they said this role is more junior and might only go upto £300. They described the role and I admit I thought it sounded like easy money. So I told them to put me forward and they agreen to e-mail me the spec and I'll see if it sounds easy enough for that money with the bonus of it being close to home.

b) Today they rang me with other news (see next point) and so I questioned this first contract and they now say it is 90 miles away in Hertfordshire
                  c) Today they rang twice when I couldn't take the call and they didn't bother leaving a message & witheld their number. When I rang to chase about the £300 contract they said they twice called earlier because they have some news. And that news is.................they've got me an interview for a contract I didn't even know I had applied for! I asked what daily rate is the client thinking of and they said the £300 I allegedly said on Monday I would consider That's £200 less than I was getting for doing the same task 3 months ago at another client. Real Staffing have been taking the P I think, assuming I'd accept such a low rate for all contracts when they know full well what I've been getting for similar work recently. As it stands, I've told them I'll do the phone interview but they must send me a spec for this as well so that I can see how junior it is for that money

The one I've got an interview for is in fact close to home. So that coupled with the "1 in a hand vs 2 in a bush" may mean I still do the interview and accept the low £300 if offered. The next test is whether they do send me a spec before the interview. I bet you they won't!
                  If they witheld their number and left no message HTF do you know it was them phoning twice? Did they say 'oh we phoned you twice but left no message and witheld our number'?

TBH, I think you're being a bit hysterical, rates have taken a battering and just because one client paid 200 quid more than another, doesnt mean the agent is creaming (and Im not one to defend agents!).

Bottom line is, if you dont like the money on offer, dont go to the intervie or take the job if offerred.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post

LTSB and Santander are notorious for not issuing job specs. I've had 'specs' sent to me for 7 LTSB roles and all they have are start date, length of contract and number of contractors required. Oh, and they are on LTSB Excel spreadsheets!
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

If they witheld their number and left no message HTF do you know it was them phoning twice
                      When I rang to chase about the £300 contract they said they twice called earlier because they have some news. And that news is
                      I don't think it's much of a coincidence that they say that and I have 2 calls from witheld numbers

That's how!
                      Last edited by PTP; 14 June 2012, 21:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X