• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Never mind all that carp

How about posting a full sized pic of your avatar. it would probably be your most appreciated post and get you loads of +rep
    hahaha its a nice avater I do like Liz H, not sure how old she is in the pic though, must be good few years old as when I first used it on contractoruk along while back they banned the pic, but I sneaked in again recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      The best insight I've had to an agents mentality in resent years is some of the cr*p they post on linkedin, its like watching school kids having an argument, other agents grassing on other agents, pointing fingers talking about spoof jobs and cv's and actually naming people.

It can be said that we are no better on this forum but at least we do it behind are avatar , not in our own name and employers name and not for hundreds thousands of people to see who could be current or potential clients.
      I think I got tuliplisted on twitter once under hashtag fake CV's an agent told me I was on there and about the tag via Linked in , but I dont use twitter.

My CV is not fake, very non standard , but nothing is faked.

Agents are wideboys - I really want one to prove otherwise , but in all my years I've met (like Diver) ONLY 1 good guy in the UK, after 10 years, and 3 overseas in 3 years... I think that says something personally.

It doesn't help that every bloody techhy and his granny think they can contract and confuse clients into thinking that hiring permanent staff has just changed methods.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        That's illegal, and they now owe HMG £5000. Report them to the BIS AR Compliance unit.
        What does the BIS AR Compliance unit do ?

Comment

T-Impact is another I'd avoid. Don't listen to the candidate at all - its all a numbers game apparently......not even registered with REC or APSCO I think....

Comment

Another one for computer people the bunch of idiots.

I think they realised they were going to lose a fair wack of their cut on the daily rate they had previously agreed so gave me a true/false test and said I'd failed! Err yeah okay then.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Hate the Players, not the Game.

It tends not to be agencies that I avoid dealing with, but individuals. There are very few agencies out there that are truly bad to the core. However, there are one or two individuals kicking around that are a total waste of time to deal with, and I avoid them no matter who happens to be employing them at the time in question.

Strangely enough, I've noticed that the effectiveness of an agent isn't at all related to whether I personally like them or not. Truth be told, some of the pushier people that you wouldn't necessarily want to go for a drink with seem to make the best agents: they need to walk that fine line between being just pushy enough to handle the sales aspect of their role, without being so obnoxious that they end up peeing end clients off. Just as we techies need to walk a fine line between the technical competence and persistence that makes us effective at what we do, and the outright arrogance of thinking we're always right or imagining that the way we've always done things is the only way they can/should be done (I'm sure we've all known at least one colleague that was never wrong in their entire lives, and they're always a pain to deal with).

Comment

I have spoke will TAV professionally and I quite like him.

He's closer to an old school agent than most of the guys I speak to these days. Cultural fit is a good point that most of us miss.

The one thing that most agents seem to have forgotten in the brief skills festival that they are having at the moment, is that for the last 30 years they have had to beg for contractors attention, and finding 3 good CV's was a hard ask.

Agents! doling out a crap attitude now is going to kill you when the markets turn and all that money is there to be made for easy times...

My personal agency of hatred is Project People.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  I have spoke will TAV professionally and I quite like him.

He's closer to an old school agent than most of the guys I speak to these days. Cultural fit is a good point that most of us miss.

The one thing that most agents seem to have forgotten in the brief skills festival that they are having at the moment, is that for the last 30 years they have had to beg for contractors attention, and finding 3 good CV's was a hard ask.

Agents! doling out a crap attitude now is going to kill you when the markets turn and all that money is there to be made for easy times...

My personal agency of hatred is Project People.
                  Oh my god....I've just tried to +Rep this post, and it came up with "thanks for deducting reputation from this user".....

Sorry if its negged you Bobspud - I obviously meant it to be a positive!!
                  "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                    Oh my god....I've just tried to +Rep this post, and it came up with "thanks for deducting reputation from this user".....

Sorry if its negged you Bobspud - I obviously meant it to be a positive!!
                    Don't worry I did that to some poor newbie the other month Some one added one back for you

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                      Ahh, so that explains why you've negative repped me too then.
                      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                      X