• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Perhaps you should send this little snippet to the HoL committee for their consideration
    You know what I might just do that, as I was speaking to the landlord again last night and he's found out that the shyster has bought a house worth almost £1 million near Chester.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

He's off!

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
      Please share his twitter id. Perhaps some other contractors might like to tell him what they think of thieving agents.
      Well, he's quit Twitter, at least under that handle. A hunting I will go. Will let you know what I find.

Comment

Originally posted by GB2408 View Post

Cheers Reed Global, I won't be doing business with one of your "consultants" again
        Same here.

2 stage interview (1 telephone, 1 face to face) at Capita Events in Taunton. "You're a shoe-in mate - we're only sending you and one other bloke for 2 positions"

Face to face seemed to go well & I did ok in the technical test (quite a gruelling one stood up at a whiteboard).

Now, agent just won't give any feedback "Probably still all on holiday, mate" while it seems Computer Futures are also soliciting for this one - at much lower rates than I was put forward for.

Why can't they just f****g say "You didn't get the job" instead of all this evasive bullsh1t ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          Same here.

2 stage interview (1 telephone, 1 face to face) at Capita Events in Taunton. "You're a shoe-in mate - we're only sending you and one other bloke for 2 positions"

Face to face seemed to go well & I did ok in the technical test (quite a gruelling one stood up at a whiteboard).

Now, agent just won't give any feedback "Probably still all on holiday, mate" while it seems Computer Futures are also soliciting for this one - at much lower rates than I was put forward for.

Why can't they just f****g say "You didn't get the job" instead of all this evasive bullsh1t ?
          They aren't making money from you, so you mean nothing to them.

They are desperately trying to find another candidate to offer up to the client, otherwise they get paid ZERO.

If you have got the role, they'll be all over your email and voicemail like a rash trying to get you signed up. If that isn't happening, you probably haven't got the role (ok, some clients will take a bit of time).

Move on, the quicker you realise you are wasting your time begging for feedback the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
            Most likely they offered someone else the contract at a higher profit margin for the agency. They keep you in the dark until he accepted or declined. If the other person accepts you will never ever hear from them again if he declines they might come back to you saying, you've got it

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Most likely they offered someone else the contract at a higher profit margin for the agency. They keep you in the dark until he accepted or declined. If the other person accepts you will never ever hear from them again if he declines they might come back to you saying, you've got it
              This happens all the time agencies rarely tell you now as your their backup plan if their no1 profit margin choice declines!

Clients should audit agencies to see how many highly skilled candiates vs lower rate candidates cv actually get put through to them. IME its shocking that so many big name agencies will favour a lesser skillset to gain a higher profit margin as its only a few % difference vs placing the lesser candidate
              Last edited by uk contractor; 8 April 2015, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Hmm... quite possibly, yes. It wasn't a great rate & I went in at the top end of the range.

Oddly enough, I've just had another agency on the phone about the same role & their day rate is way below what I went in at.

Comment

Rullion - sorted out interview for me, rang me every day and morning leading up to it.

I sorted accommodation, drove there - interviewed well (I thought). Wasn't asked anything technical - just very vague things so nothing to really mess up.

Rang them after - then never heard from the again. E-mailed asking if I had the role or not a few times but they never emailed back (Tried a couple of people who I had dealt with)

few months go by and then get in touch about another role!

Comment

I would add Hyphen - they completely f*cked over me and my team mates.

Not paying us in full for last months pay.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickbaitsman View Post
                      I would add Hyphen - they completely f*cked over me and my team mates.

Not paying us in full for last months pay.
                      Parent company is Adecco group I doubt they would not pay you what's contractually due time to call your lawyer if otherwise!

Comment

Working...
                      X