• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming JSA on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    To give an idea of the kind of people you meet there, a friend told that in the job centre in Castleford a woman (white) came in to sign-on and brought her two mixed race kids with her, when they started messing about, she called out "Beyonce, Jay-Z come here now!"
    That's ridiculous, MTV does rot your brain then but then again I suppose you have to have one first
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I am of the view(and having read the attached thread) that if you're having to go and sign on a few months after finishing a contract because your skint then frankly you have no right calling yourself a contractor. It smacks of permiedom. In addition, if you've contracted for years and after a few months benched you need to sign on, don't have 16k in assets and have not been involved in a horrible divorce than you probably need therapy for drugs, alcohol or gambling!
      I am of the view that if you are eligible for money from the government, you might as well take it. We try to minimise our tax rather than just saying "well it's only right I take a proper salary and pay a fair whack of tax", so this comes into the same category.

Needing to take benefits does smack of foolishness, except in special cases. And leaving/rejoining your Ltd as an employee every few months seems a pretty blatant giveaway to me.

Note - JSA can be exceeded by housing benefit; if you could get both it's potentially a lot of money.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I am of the view that if you are eligible for money from the government, you might as well take it. We try to minimise our tax rather than just saying "well it's only right I take a proper salary and pay a fair whack of tax", so this comes into the same category.

Needing to take benefits does smack of foolishness, except in special cases. And leaving/rejoining your Ltd as an employee every few months seems a pretty blatant giveaway to me.

Note - JSA can be exceeded by housing benefit; if you could get both it's potentially a lot of money.
        Wont get sod all if your partner is working though. My Mrs is a nurse who works part-time, bring in about £14K a year. No chance of getting bugger all else if I was on JSA.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X