• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents forwarding CVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents forwarding CVs

Just a thought. If an agent forwards your CV to a prospective client without you knowing at what point can you opt out of agency regs? You have to do it before being introduced to the client. By forwarding the CV they are introducing you. You might say that the interview or 1st day on site is the point of introduction but if you tried to go through another agent or direct, the agency would claim that they had introduced you first by forwarding the CV.

Is this chicken and egg or have I missed something (usual)?

I'm not sure if that is right. I get the option upon each renewal at current customer.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Yes you have to do it for each one but I think that's to keep opting out. If you had opted in originally I'm not sure you can subsequently opt out on the same contract.

If it is a new contract with a previous client then as the client knows you already there is no '1st contact'

Comment

First off the agent is not allowed to forward your CV before he has agreed terms and conditions you are willing to work under. In most cases this would require your OK before he forwards it.

AIUI sending your CV introduces you and you can therefore no longer opt out.

Mrs Goof, the offer to opt out at every renewal is pointless. If you didnt opt out ages ago you cant do it now.

IANAL and I may be talking out of my arse.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Firstly, you have to opt out BEFORE the CV is sent on to the client.

Secondly you can opt out (or back in) each time the contract is renewed.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Firstly, you have to opt out BEFORE the CV is sent on to the client.

Secondly you can opt out (or back in) each time the contract is renewed.

Mailman
            You can continue to opt out or opt in. You cannot opt out if previously opted in.

Comment

You can opt out (or in or shake it all about) when any contract comes up for renewal.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                You can opt out (or in or shake it all about) when any contract comes up for renewal.

Mailman
                Try actually reading the fecking regs before calling yourself an expert.
                You can only opt-out before you are introduced to the client (whichever definition of "introduced" you take).
                If you later decide to opt in you can do so by giving notice in writing to the agency. Once opted in, you cannot then opt out. Contract renewals are not relevant, since you have already been "introduced" to the client.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                X