• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Checks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
    Your ClientCo is not your employer, your ltd is. What harm does it do, if they contact yourself for reference? You are only suppose to say, yes, Mr Chana7 has been with this company for x years and y months. That's it.
    Ah ok, fair enough!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
      Your ClientCo is not your employer, your ltd is. What harm does it do, if they contact yourself for reference? You are only suppose to say, yes, Mr Chana7 has been with this company for x years and y months. That's it.
      If you have a company secretary, then get them to do it.

That's what I've done where clients are looking for a CYA to show that they checked whether I had any qualifications and that I could work legally in the UK.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If you have a company secretary, then get them to do it.

That's what I've done where clients are looking for a CYA to show that they checked whether I had any qualifications and that I could work legally in the UK.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by chana7 View Post
          Just to ride off this thread....

I am about to complete a credit check for a new role, who do I put down as my current employer? My Ltd or ClientCo?

It requires a reference at that place of work, which I know they chase up, so if I put my Ltd down, would they just contact me?

No, they won't. Credit checking agencies are pretty stupid, but they aren't that stupid: they won't take you as your own reference.

Yes, put down your Ltd as your employer, but use your accountant as your reference. That works for me every time.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Back to the OP, I would ask two questions.

a. Is this a small finance shop, or a large IB
            b. What scale of CCJ's are we talking about, a few small ones < 500, or are we talking in the thousands

If it's "small" for a) or b), you are probably fine. If it's the latter in both - you may have a problem. In large shops, the compliance dept will set absolute limits. Each bank will have a slightly different threshold - breach it and you are unfortunately out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
              They have just offered a new extension for next year but said this is subject to satisfactory credit checks.
              Are they credit checking you personally or your Ltd Co. ?

If you personally, then I'd just refuse to give the relevant details and insist on them checking your Ltd Co. Hopefully your Ltd Co. is clean ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                No, they won't. Credit checking agencies are pretty stupid, but they aren't that stupid: they won't take you as your own reference.

Yes, put down your Ltd as your employer, but use your accountant as your reference. That works for me every time.
                WNS.

It really IS that simple. No need for any other made up opinions.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                X