• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate cuts due to NSN lay-offs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate cuts due to NSN lay-offs

I am applying for a position in the South of England, and had an agent call me back twice (over a period of few weeks), saying that the client's budget is now X-30, then X-50 ££, due to the laid-off NSN personnel now being in the market.

Did anybody else have this reason cited or is the agency just trying to rip me off?

Cheers,
    siperian leijona

Originally posted by Leijona View Post
    I am applying for a position in the South of England, and had an agent call me back twice (over a period of few weeks), saying that the client's budget is now X-30, then X-50 ££, due to the laid-off NSN personnel now being in the market.

Did anybody else have this reason cited or is the agency just trying to rip me off?

Cheers,
    siperian leijona
    See the bit I've bolded ? That's when you should know that the agent is trying to rip you off.......
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      See the bit I've bolded ? That's when you should know that the agent is trying to rip you off.......
      Hmm it's not all bad! Sometimes they call about exciting new opportunities.. %)

Comment

Cheers,
        siperian leijona
        They are not trying to rip you off. They are trying it on to get a better rate for themselves and it is up to you to stop them. It is called business.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          They are not trying to rip you off. They are trying it on to get a better rate for themselves and it is up to you to stop them. It is called business.
          Yes, I understand that. But, are there are more former NSN employees on the market? Does anyone know?

Comment

Yes, I understand that. But, are there are more former NSN employees on the market? Does anyone know?
            Maybe, but it probably makes little difference. There are thousands of ex HBOS/Lloyds employees all over the country out of perm employment. There are thousands of ex RBS employees in the same position. Doesn't mean that contract rates go down every day.

An agent will tell you anything to squeeze another few quid of margin out of a role.

I had some of the best rates I've had in a while in late 2008 when everything was meant to be crap.

lets ask Dodgy Dodgy, would you make up some crap story to squeeze a few quid out of a role or if you thought the contractor would fall for it ?

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Maybe, but it probably makes little difference. There are thousands of ex HBOS/Lloyds employees all over the country out of perm employment. There are thousands of ex RBS employees in the same position. Doesn't mean that contract rates go down every day.

An agent will tell you anything to squeeze another few quid of margin out of a role.

I had some of the best rates I've had in a while in late 2008 when everything was meant to be crap.

lets ask Dodgy Dodgy, would you make up some crap story to squeeze a few quid out of a role or if you thought the contractor would fall for it ?

TestMangler, this gives me some perspective, thanks!
              Well I am at the level now where I'd still be happy, won't go any lower. Still gives me a butthurt tho
              Last edited by Leijona; 7 December 2011, 14:33.

Comment

Working...
              X