• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice please. Buying property 50% ltd / 50% private

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One potential option may be to use an LLP with the company as 50% and you as 50% . This should allow you to extract the profit from the Ltd. to invest in the partnership without you being taxed as an individual to extract it.
    The LLP would borrow on commercial terms usually more expensive than a personal BTL mortgage ( you would probably still need to provide a personal guarantee so you are paying more and still have the liability ) and any profits would be passed from the LLP on a tranparent basis meaning you would add them to your income and the company would receive it's share and pay corp tax on it the same as the rest of its profits THEN you would have to extract that profit from the Ltd. and pay income tax on it.
    The gist of what i'm saying is that in order to take the 60K out "tax free" now you will forever pay corp tax and THEN income tax on any profits from the Ltd as well as on your own share of the LLP's profits, costly for what you obviously hope will be an appreciating asset ( the company also has no Cap gains allowance but you do ) I doubt extracting only 60K would make this viable unless you are planning to become non-resident at some time in the future then it might benefit you.
    All in all I wouldn't reccomend it !

Comment

Working...
    X