• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working multiple contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working multiple contracts

Hi,

I am on Permenant job and looking to move to contract work.I don't know much about the terms for contract job. My question here is can i work on more than one contract job at the same time. The reason i am asking this is my current company asks me to work for them in week ends while i am on another full time contarct.
    Is that something a contractor can do? Is there any terms or tax issues in that?

Please help to get the answer for this.

Thanks Reagrds
    Farish

Originally posted by crforfarish View Post
    Hi,

I am on Permenant job and looking to move to contract work.I don't know much about the terms for contract job. My question here is can i work on more than one contract job at the same time. The reason i am asking this is my current company asks me to work for them in week ends while i am on another full time contarct.
    Is that something a contractor can do? Is there any terms or tax issues in that?

Please help to get the answer for this.

Thanks Reagrds
    Farish
    If it's not a problem for the clients, then no it's fine and is a good approach for IR35.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Think like a contractor, not a permie.

If you can deliver the service the client wants, that's all they need worry about. What else you are up to is not their concern. It's up to you to make sure the needs of your clients don't collide and that you are only charging each one for work actually done.

Working for your previous employer is not a good idea, geerally speaking, since it puts you in front of the IR35 firing line. Make sure your contract for this work and your working arrangements are not simply a reprun of your old permie job.

And FFS read the guides we keep telling people to read, that's what they're for. Start with the one at www.pcg.org.uk and the one over there---> There's a huge amount you don't yet understand.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X