• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract - direct with client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been asked about going direct with one particular client. They just asked me my daily rate.....so are they asking me a rate that includes VAT? or shall I give them the rate without ... then charge them VAT later.

Comment

Originally posted by weboo
      I have been asked about going direct with one particular client. They just asked me my daily rate.....so are they asking me a rate that includes VAT? or shall I give them the rate without ... then charge them VAT later.
      Charges are always ex-vat AFAIK - get yourself flat-rate registered and your away. Do that ASAP.

Comment

As some have already said - a PO for x days at a rate of y. It's my preferred way of working.
        A signed timesheet constitutes a POD, which is a legal basis for an invoice. Standard terms and conditions obviously should include things like payment terms etc.

The only minor advice is to make sure your legal insurance is up to date as payment disputes can be uglier than with recruitment companies.

On the plus side, you can't get much further away from IR35 than that.

Comment

Working...
        X