• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract - direct with client"

Collapse

• MikeP
    replied
    As some have already said - a PO for x days at a rate of y. It's my preferred way of working.
    A signed timesheet constitutes a POD, which is a legal basis for an invoice. Standard terms and conditions obviously should include things like payment terms etc.

The only minor advice is to make sure your legal insurance is up to date as payment disputes can be uglier than with recruitment companies.

On the plus side, you can't get much further away from IR35 than that.

Leave a comment:

• funkyd
    replied
    Originally posted by weboo
    I have been asked about going direct with one particular client. They just asked me my daily rate.....so are they asking me a rate that includes VAT? or shall I give them the rate without ... then charge them VAT later.
    Charges are always ex-vat AFAIK - get yourself flat-rate registered and your away. Do that ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• weboo
    replied
    I have been asked about going direct with one particular client. They just asked me my daily rate.....so are they asking me a rate that includes VAT? or shall I give them the rate without ... then charge them VAT later.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    For me an accepted proposal follows with a PO and a set of T's and C's which is signed by both parties.

Leave a comment:

• funkyd
    replied
    I have a couple of clients on the side mostly for maintenance. I have something to agree my rate per hour, NDA and thats it.

If there wasn't any maintenance involved then I would do it just like any other self employed person - charge per job on an invoice.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    I have a couple of private clients and there is no paperwork involved. It's all based on trust and invoices. I don't even bother writing to confirm the rates agreed.

Far the best way and never had a moments bother.

Leave a comment:

• Sergeant Apone
    replied
    Same here. Purchase orders are what I use. Everyone knows where they stand then:

"BigCo plc hereby contracts MyCo Ltd to provide X by dd/mm/yyyy by whatever means it deems fit, for which will we pay £Y subject to our standard payment terms and conditions."

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I just use purchase orders. No contract required.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Chester
    very funny - i meant legally - is the type of contract i would sign with an agency sufficient?
    Sorry, it was pretty much as simple as that. They provided the contract to sign, the terms were compatible with an outside IR35 arrangement. Otherwise I would have used the PCG templates

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I believe the PCG have some template contracts for this kind thing

Leave a comment:

• Chester
    replied
    very funny - i meant legally - is the type of contract i would sign with an agency sufficient?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Chester
    Anyone ever got a contract direct with the client where no agency was involved, if so what do i need to provide to the client.
    Yes
    Services

Leave a comment:

• Chester
    started a topic Contract - direct with client

Contract - direct with client

Anyone ever got a contract direct with the client where no agency was involved, if so what do i need to provide to the client.

Working...
X