• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take Home Pay of 85%+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP - there are loads of schemes which guarantee you 80-85% take home pay, a quick Google search should give you some ideas. You should just bear in mind that just because you take home 85% it doesn't mean that HMR&C will actually let you keep it
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      To the OP - there are loads of schemes which guarantee you 80-85% take home pay, a quick Google search should give you some ideas. You should just bear in mind that just because you take home 85% it doesn't mean that HMR&C will actually let you keep it
      In the interests of balance it also does not mean that they can actually do anything about it

Comment

Originally posted by geoff from contracta IOM View Post
        In the interests of balance it also does not mean that they can actually do anything about it
        Very true Geoff but they can make life incredibly difficult while they try
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Very true Geoff but they can make life incredibly difficult while they try
          Nobody who has used our service in the last 6 years has found that to be the case. And no, BN66 doesn't mean that they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
            Nobody who has used our service in the last 6 years has found that to be the case. And no, BN66 doesn't mean that they will.
            But as has also been said, people already in the scheme are probably fairly safe, barring some unlikely major tax law changes. People looking to join them now, after HMRC have given specific advice about what they consider to be artificial - and hence unacceptable - tax avoidance measures, face a significantly higher chance of an investigation. The risk profile is not only about the validity of the scheme. OK, the end result may be that nothing happens, but it may not. HMRC could, for exmple, invoke the Ramsay principle and say that the complex structure shows no business justification since it only impacts the worker's personal taxation and should therefore be set aside. Who knows.
            Last edited by malvolio; 17 November 2011, 13:14.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

80 - 85% take home

Don't bother

A few guys in our office are in these sort of schemes and all of them are currently sweating, with one going through legal disputes that have continued for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
                If Montpelier loses the case in the Supreme court does this not mean that HRMC will then come after all similar schemes?

Comment

I was surprised to see that the forums now advertise one of these 85%, I know they use the rider "upto 85%" on their actual website, but still was curious to see how much research admin did before getting into bed with these guys considering the normal deride that comes with 85% schemas.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I was surprised to see that the forums now advertise one of these 85%, I know they use the rider "upto 85%" on their actual website, but still was curious to see how much research admin did before getting into bed with these guys considering the normal deride that comes with 85% schemas.
                    They're still a valid form of advertising. Just because long term contractors tend to prefer the safety of a Ltd these schemes are mostly in principle valid and so 85% is the theoretical maximum. In fact, it's possible to be higher than that. (but Admin won't let me advertise my 120%)
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      It's easy. Go to google and use <search term> site:forums.contractoruk.com
                      Can you remove the site search functionality and put a big Google button instead?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X