• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking for manager's details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acontractor View Post
    Here's an email which I am thinking of sending to cover myself

"
    I have been contacted by your office recently that weather I am looking for new role. I am currently not looking for new work/role and would not like to be contacted by anyone in future.

Can I please ask to remove all my details from your database for security, data protection and other reasons? I also ask to stop processing any of my detail held on your record for recruitment or marketing purpose.

Data Protection Act 1998.
    Data Protection Act 1998
    "
    I'd pass it through a spell checker and make sure that you are grammatically correct. Unless you want to portray yourself as an illiterate so they won't pass your details around, which could be a subtle plan.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Come on (wo)man - brazen it out!
      Your manager will have been contacted by many agents in the past and will know how slippery some of them can be.
      If the agent does contact your manager simply say "oh, must have saved my details from the last time I was looking. You know what they are like" etc. Follow up with some banter about how they'll do anything to make a sale. I reckon you'll get away with it, but do not contact the agent again and never, ever use your work email.

Have I been a contractor too long ...?
      WSS.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I'd pass it through a spell checker and make sure that you are grammatically correct. Unless you want to portray yourself as an illiterate so they won't pass your details around, which could be a subtle plan.
        Yeh. Glad I'm not the only one who thought this planned email sounded a bit wrong.....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

There's no point in worrying - just shrug it off with your boss and play stupid if it's mentioned. After years of experience - never ever trust any agency and always think before saying or doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by acontractor View Post
            Hi,

I have just been called by a agent sharking for information. Foolishly I gave her all the information (including my manager's name!!) thinking the vacancy was genuine. I am currently in perm. role. Would that agency use my name to contact the agency and would it have any ramifications?

Thx

PS hate to admit but I feel like complete idiot.
            Stupid is as stupid does

Comment

Working...
            X