• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody is using jobserve who could advise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody is using jobserve who could advise?

I use jobserve to apply for contract gigs (in vane). I used it since Jun and my stats show that only 11 times anybody ever touched my profile. My rating shows 88% and it suggests that I need to apply for more jobs. So I constantly apply for new contracts, most of the time the same contracts seem to be circulating around.

Am I doing something wrong, or the market is so lousy that recruiters do not even look at what they receive?
    My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Have you made any changes to your stored CV in that time? Even just uploading the same one flags it as a new CV so more likely to get picked up.

However I have never been approached by someone finding my CV on any site, most calls are in reply to me applying for a position, or an agent having my CV on file from a previous application.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I keep uploading my resume every week with slight changes. I also keep reapplying Settings, and of course applying for jobs almost daily. I had a call back in June, subsequently even with the client, but only two calls ever since. The stats show 30 views and 11 download ever since June. During the last two weeks there is no activity on the site according to stats even though I keep doing things daily.

When I apply for a job, perhaps it goes directly to the agent and it does not show up in the stats. Maybe that is the case, because I receive letters stating that someone else was selected (sometimes the next day . Hmmmm, it just occurred to me now.

Do you have any suggestion perhaps for a better jobsite?
      My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

I have never had a call from an agent from jobserve. All of my calls have been from Monster despite me updating both at regular intervals.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I have never had a call from an agent from jobserve. All of my calls have been from Monster despite me updating both at regular intervals.
          Me either.
          Monster is always the place they say they've downloaded my CV from.
          All my gigs get applied for through jobserve but all the cold calls come from monster
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Jobserve

Im a generic PM / or a developer on a niche system.

Funny, most of my agency calls are from Jobserve and a handful (maybe one every couple of months) from Monster. Certainly getting a lot more from LinkedIn and they tend to be more useful as they tend to spend more time looking at my resume.

When I first went on Jobserve, I looked at all of the jobs I was interested in and identified the common key words and made sure they were in my CV as that is how the agents search (obviously specific systems also need to be on there!!)

Good luck - I had a look at Jobserve last week for the first time in 2 years and seems a lot less jobs than what I remember - maybe things have changed?

Comment

Agents have to pay to download your cv from Monster (or Jobswerve??), so if the summary they can view/search doesn't have the right keywords in it you won't get anywhere. The pay-per-view model is why you get agents ringing you up saying they've 'seen your cv online', but then asking you to send them a copy.

I'm finding I don't actually have to apply for anything to generate calls atm. My cv is quite short, just a few bullet points for each contract and mentions which technologies/processes I used. Also you'll find that the more contracts you do (successfully) the more interested the agents are. If they think you can generate them money for a few months they are more likely to push you forward.

I'd go for a re-write of your cv to cut out any waffle and keep plugging away.
              Best of luck.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I've had luck with jobserve been offered 2 gigs where the agent found my details on jobserve, I know others a well who have luck, saying that Ive had no calls regarding it in last few weeks

Comment

I have the same, 170 downloads in total, but since uploading my CV for this season's gig-hunt, its only been downlaoded 3 times. I was also applying for exact jobs, and only got one callback, after applying for 8 roles. Makes sense what previous poster says about only seeing a summary and asking for a full copy of CV

Comment

I've got most of my contracts from Jobserve over the years. I've done 35 contracts, I reckon 30 are from Jobserve.

When I loaded my CV to Jobserve I was phoned maybe twice, emailed maybe 4/5 times. Very little downloads.

I personally don't like putting a(singular) CV onto a jobsite and wait for agents to call. I prefer to use very specific RSS feeds that email me jobs as they are advertised. I then follow up with a CV specific to that role & then follow up with a phonecall.

My analogy would be putting a marmite whirl on a hook chucking it out to sea and wandering off and hoping that a fish is going to swim past who likes marmite whirls and gives it a little nibble. You're expecting the fish to do the work. I prefer to come down to the pier, have a close look at the sea and if I see a fish swimming past I like the look of blast it with a shotgun, or dynamite, or spear gun, or marmite whirl. Go looking for the fish, don't expect them to come to you.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X