• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody is using jobserve who could advise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve I find is a useful way of phishing for agent details.

Update your CV at least twice a week while benched and looking, new CVs excite agents.

Agents rings you for a quick chat about a non-suitable role.

Get their details, and harrass the tulip out of them about finding a suitable role.

A number of the roles on Jobserve have already gone, the real game is getting the agent to remember you so he rings you as soon as a role comes in, before its on jobserve.

Even if its only cos he wants you off his/her back.

GL
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I've followed up swveral Jobserve applications and the agents say that they haven't received it, I think that's bulltulip though as you do get an automatic response for each application. Best advice I've had was to change my CV to be an exact match for each role that I've applied for, the agents will scan your CV to see if the keywords in the advert are on there, if not then it gets binned. GL!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I prefer to come down to the pier, have a close look at the sea and if I see a fish swimming past I like the look of blast it with a shotgun, or dynamite, or spear gun, or marmite whirl. Go looking for the fish, don't expect them to come to you.
        I'd like to blast a few agents with a spear gun

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I personally don't like putting a(singular) CV onto a jobsite and wait for agents to call. I prefer to use very specific RSS feeds that email me jobs as they are advertised. I then follow up with a CV specific to that role & then follow up with a phonecall.
          Ditto - I like to control the message I put out, via my CV, by controlling its distribution.

The approach I take, rightly or wrongly, is:

See role on Jobserve
          Contact pimp (you may need to search further for his contact details) to sound out the position and get a direct email address
          Tailor CV for role
          Submit CV to pimp and contact him shortly thereafter to confirm receipt (and discuss CV vis a vis role)

Seems to work for me.

Comment

Just ran an experiment on job serve:

Deleted all old CV's

Put my latest CV on and put it as active (open to offers). Got a call about a job in the city after under an hour (with the bank being named). The agent informed me where they found the cv as well.

Not bad really...
            Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 29 September 2011, 13:12.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, it was very helpful. I keep changing my CV (only minor changes), I apply for lots of jobs, and contact the agents right after the application is sent (I still feel little awkward to call them pimps - after all what would I call myself). If I do not get any calls, I will change my CV. Anyway, I apreciate your help.
              My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Working...
              X