• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Boomed ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    I'm caught in the middle of a very annoying situation whereby I attending an interview for a big financial in the NW over 2 weeks ago, got offered the role the same day subject to getting final HR signoff which I was assurred was the norm for this company. Two weeks later, still not received any word from the agency dispite several phone calls. The annoying thing is that I know the hiring managers manager, so assures me that the role is mine and he wants me to start a week on Monday. The agency say they haven't had the approval from a financial point of view yet so can't issue the contract.

The best part was the agencies closing words this morning were "don't worry if you want to find another role in the meantime" - What sort of consolation is that !!

Thoughts please....
    Is this Bank of America?

If so, they are letting all \ most contractors go as their contracts end due to wanting to sell the business.

So, I would start looking even if you know the manager's manager.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
    X