• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working at UBS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working at UBS?

UBS tells IT contractors: Take a 10% pay cut ... or 100%
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Here we go again, suspect most of the banks will be bringing in a widespread 10% cut again. Next will be RBS and Lloyds.

Time to batten down the hatches and build that war chest up! I am end of contract this month

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      Here we go again, suspect most of the banks will be bringing in a widespread 10% cut again.
      Yep...although I predict Barclays will do it next.... They're usually pretty quick off the mark with those

Comment

ClientCo have got rid of all contractors now.... except me

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Not personally, but several of my ex staff do. From what they have said today, they will do what any good contractor would do. Which is to accept the paycut, while they look for another role. UBS need to realise that not all contractors are born equal and those in niche skills, such Listed Derivatives are currently in demand.

UBS as a whole will probably come out ahead with their 10% cut, but in certain product areas they will make decisions that they never recover from.

Comment

Lloyds

Lloyds already announced it - next renewal we get a 10% cut or walk.

Comment

I was approached for a gig at USB so they are still recruiting, kinda went south when I asked them would I be paid with Nazi Gold, I think they are still a bit sensitive.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Crack Addick View Post
                Not personally, but several of my ex staff do. From what they have said today, they will do what any good contractor would do. Which is to accept the paycut, while they look for another role. UBS need to realise that not all contractors are born equal and those in niche skills, such Listed Derivatives are currently in demand.

UBS as a whole will probably come out ahead with their 10% cut, but in certain product areas they will make decisions that they never recover from.
                You raise a very good point there. Current place I'm at is replacing high-value finance permies in London with mid-low value permies elsewhere and the handover isn't going well. There are 15 year veteran accountants handing over their work to those with only one or two years PQ experience. The HR people are happy though as the comparable all-in cost for one of the new staff is about 1/3 of a top-end accountant working in central London. Whether they'll be happy when the quality of work declines is another day's worry.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  You raise a very good point there. Current place I'm at is replacing high-value finance permies in London with mid-low value permies elsewhere and the handover isn't going well. There are 15 year veteran accountants handing over their work to those with only one or two years PQ experience. The HR people are happy though as the comparable all-in cost for one of the new staff is about 1/3 of a top-end accountant working in central London. Whether they'll be happy when the quality of work declines is another day's worry.
                  I know two people at UBS and both have been told of the 10% cut

One is not accepting it and is leaving and the other has managed to get this to become effective from Oct onwards

Comment

I'd be happy to take a 10% cut if they agree to me doing 90% of the work
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X