• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone need help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone need help?

Hello Everyone,
    After three months on the bench and being messed about by various
    agents, I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has a vacancy at the moment. My background has been in I.T. support for over fourteen years, most recent role( six years of permiedom) involved a lot of project based work, infrastructure changes, desktop migrations, datacenter migration etc. Trying to upskill myself, I've completed the Prince2 Practitioner course and I'm trying to find a PM role, I see lots advertised and apply then nothing, (I know that's a familiar story on here!) I'm based in Hampshire, will travel anywhere for work (at the right rate of course!) Please PM me for details if interested. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Liamxtype View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I've completed the Prince2 Practitioner course and I'm trying to find a PM role, I see lots advertised and apply then nothing.
    I've never worked in support before, but if I get myself ITIL qualified, do you think I could pick up a Service Delivery Manager gig?
    Last edited by Project Monkey; 22 August 2011, 15:52.

Comment

Project Monkey makes a very good point.

maybe the fact you can't find a contract is because you have lost sight of what you offer to the client and what he is looking for. You don't find a new skill in contracting just by taking a course, particularly around PM as there are 1000's of very experienced guys ahead of you.

You will only get a role with skills you can demostrate and that you are an expert in your field. Only then can you add the value the client wants for the money he is going to pay. Forget trying to get a lucky break in PM'nig. Do what you do best, get in a contract and from there try and improve skills you can then demostrate on your CV.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How many job boards is your cv on? You're better off chucking it around the likes of jobserve, jobsite, cwjobs, etc than coming on here touting for business.
        Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Working...
        X