• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor resignation letter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor resignation letter?

Hi all,

I am going to give notice to my current client, do I need to write a different kind of resignation letter to be outside ir35?

Kevin

Dear Sir/Madam,

As Director of a Limited Company who has a businesss contract with an agency to provide services at your premises, I feel the need to inform you that said services will no longer be provided.

This is because you personally suck, your company has absolutely zero prcesses or knowledge with permies who quite frankly could be replaced by a group of mentally challenged marmosets with no discernable difference in quality. Your canteen really, really sucks. I could murder a cow and BBQ it in the time it takes to get toast. You're stuck in the middle of nowhere and expect non permanent staff to park in a supermarket carpark two miles away, where it's about as safe as customer data in your systems.

In short, I'm off, you suck, I've a better gig.

I do hope this doesn't affect any future relations between our companies.

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlam View Post
      Hi all,

I am going to give notice to my current client, do I need to write a different kind of resignation letter to be outside ir35?

Kevin
      You will not have to write a resignation letter to the client. You are not employed.

If going through an umbrella, send an email letting them know your decision, and request them to give notice.

If using a limited company, send an email/letter to the agency as the Director of your company. In your communication, mention the contract clause based on which you are serving the notice.

Before any of this, talk with the client manager and agree the end date with him/her and make arrangements for proper handover.

IR35...Doesn't make a difference what type of notice you give now if you have acted like an employee all these months/days/years.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
          Dear Sir/Madam,

As Director of a Limited Company who has a businesss contract with an agency to provide services at your premises, I feel the need to inform you that said services will no longer be provided.

This is because you personally suck, your company has absolutely zero prcesses or knowledge with permies who quite frankly could be replaced by a group of mentally challenged marmosets with no discernable difference in quality. Your canteen really, really sucks. I could murder a cow and BBQ it in the time it takes to get toast. You're stuck in the middle of nowhere and expect non permanent staff to park in a supermarket carpark two miles away, where it's about as safe as customer data in your systems.

In short, I'm off, you suck, I've a better gig.

I do hope this doesn't affect any future relations between our companies.

XXX
          This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact the OP has absolutely no concept of the what is explained in the first line and hasn't a clue about being a contractor.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Resignation!!!!! whatever next, your a Contractor FFS! your either on a contract or your not.

Comment

SM has a point... you're not resigning, you are terminating the contract early. There will be a clause in the contract which deals with termination. A simple email saying you an invoking that clause should be sufficient; I'd personally refrain from commenting on reasons.

This is the email I used in May to terminate my contract with ExClientCo:

SUBJECT: Termination.

Agent,

As per clause 9.5 of the contract between AGENCY & MyCo, please
              accept this email as written notification of termination of the
              contract with 4 weeks notice.

Regards,

Craig.
              I CC'd it to ExClientCo so that they were aware, as I was conscious how bad the agent was at communicating.

Comment

Hi all,

Kevin
                FFS....
                Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Thanks for your example. I will copy and paste

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  SM has a point... you're not resigning, you are terminating the contract early. There will be a clause in the contract which deals with termination. A simple email saying you an invoking that clause should be sufficient; I'd personally refrain from commenting on reasons.

This is the email I used in May to terminate my contract with ExClientCo:

I CC'd it to ExClientCo so that they were aware, as I was conscious how bad the agent was at communicating.

Comment

Thanks for your example. I will copy and paste
                    Don't forget to ask them for your P45 as well.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X