• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank account.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    OP, you can obtain a £2 statutory credit report for yourself from the three UK credit reference agencies:

Callcredit

Equifax

Experian

It had been several years since I checked my credit history so I ordered these recently.

I didn't want to sign up for a month trial of a CreditExpert type service so ordered the statutory reports instead and either paid by cheque or made a one off payment online.

I received all three reports in the post within a week, some within a few days - obviously, this will be no good if you are in a rush.
    You may also want to have a look at this if you have time - National Hunter

More information about them here - The Secret Credit Agency
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      I tried with HSBC, computer said no. Then Santander, computer said yes.

Try a few banks.
      Exact same situation, with those two banks. Santander get some bad press, but the account was opened quickly and has worked without any dramas. Of course, most of the bad press comes from when you actually try and speak with someone at Santander, but if you bank online and your affairs are simple, then hopefully they should be fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Crack Addick View Post
        Exact same situation, with those two banks. Santander get some bad press, but the account was opened quickly and has worked without any dramas. Of course, most of the bad press comes from when you actually try and speak with someone at Santander, but if you bank online and your affairs are simple, then hopefully they should be fine.....
        I know what you mean there. Account was opened without problems.

At that point i decided to move my personal current account aswell, as there was some offer of £100. What a nightmare!!

My details mixed up with my business account, then my application was lost, then they asked me to send in ID (again). At that point i stopped.

Still got my business bank with them though, like you say, only need to access it online now and again. No problems.

I hear that they are moving their call centres out of India due to all the bad press they have been getting. Hopefully things will get better for them!!
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by Bumble79 View Post
          they have not given a reason but they will not be able to open an account.

The Bank manager did mention that it could be
          something to do with the residential address and it's better that I Get that sorted out. He also suggested that I do a credit check with vendors like
          Experian. If this bank is not going to open up an account for me, it is going to be the same issue with any other bank too.
          1. Stop worrying
          2. Follow Clippy's advice

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          OP, you can obtain a £2 statutory credit report for yourself from the three UK credit reference agencies:

Callcredit
          Equifax
          Experian
          3. Figure out what the problem is and get it sorted out - it's most likely something simple/dumb that they have got their hooks into and you just need to set the record straight.

Don't go applying for accounts all over the high street, they will wonder why everyone else has done a credit search on you and you are still looking for an account then get suspicious and turn your account down for no other reason.

It's most likely something simple that you can put right but your credit search will reveal all.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
            I'm about to go contracting and will need a business account (also setting up a Ltd) but as my credit record is trashed (although no CCJ's or anything) will I be able to?
            You probably won't get high level security clearance or a job in a bank but other than that you should be OK.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              You probably won't get high level security clearance or a job in a bank but other than that you should be OK.
              Can SC be gotten where one had defaults on their credit file, and have now disappeared (over 6 years)?
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                Can SC be gotten where one had defaults on their credit file, and have now disappeared (over 6 years)?
                There is not black and white but on this alone it is highly likely it won't be a problem. SC looks in to wether or not you are risk to security, can be blackmailed, untrustworthy etc. Current serious debt could make you open for blackmail but simple stuff this long ago should be ok.

There is an SC thread sticked with many of these questions already asked.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X