• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

probation period on contract????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reason a client wouldn't want to have this sort of clause in the contract.

A guy interviewed at my first clientco and it was determined that he was either an absolute genius or a complete knob.

As it turned out he was the latter and was duely released with effect immediatley.

The clause had been specifically written into the contract so he could be immediately released anytime during the first month, he was let go after 3 days!!!!!

He did make it in on day 4 too, only because the agent couldn't get hold of him during the evening of day 3.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

It's the "probationary" term that would worry me. It suggests to me that they are vetting your personally and not your limited company. This would suggest any "right of substitution" you have in your contract is null and void.

I would try to get any reference to this removed and just let them give you immediate notice to terminate the contract. Alternatively, if they still want the 3 month thing give them the right to give immediate notice for the first 3 months. That would allow them to get rid of you.

I suppose you could argue that "probabtionary" refers to the company rather than the individual, but I think it suggests employee rather than company. Another option would be getting that word removed and changed to trial period.

Comment

Working...
      X