• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just landed first agency contract!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just landed first agency contract!

At last

Well done cswd - welcome to the world of contracting.

Good Luck...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

agencies love a winner...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well done!!

I start my first one tomorrow too! was starting to think that i'd never get one
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

It can happen that way CSWD... my last contract (I start a renewal there tomorrrow) was interview face to face Monday at 10am, by 11.50am while I was waiting at the train station to head back to Edinburgh I had a phone call saying id got it, and could I start that week.

Others will draw it out for days then make a decision, sometimes the agent will mislead you that the client is still interviewing when the job never actually existed / went to someone else....

Be prepared for any eventuality and always keep as many options open as possible. And nothing beats having cash in the bank, so for gawds sake put as much of the cash from your first contract safely in the bank ... live it up a little when youve got enough to survive for 6 months without work, however unlikely that might appear at the time...

And, congratulations (same goes to Space Cadet)
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

took me just over a week, i initially was told i hadn't got it too, I'd lost out to the other candidate. Then on thursday just gone i was asked if i was still available.

Only a 3 month contract, hopefully get it extended though as its on the NPfIT
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Just a comment guys.. its never as much cash as it seems...

(Says mcquiggd with his champagne addiction )
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
                Depends if you're married - which I am
                ditto
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Well, that used to be tax efficient... but these days...

Have you considered outsourcing to a lower priced service economy... nu labour has opened up that market to international competition...?

Vieze Oude Man

Comment

This is about the only time insults arent the usual reply, when people let others know they have scored a contract! Pity that aint the norm!

Well done csm...tell me you havent opted out though?

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X