• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DVA Security Clearance - Reasons for failing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVA Security Clearance - Reasons for failing

Hi, firstly thank you for taking the time to read my plight.

I have a fantastic opurturtunity of employment within the M.O.D. which will mean that I need to be vetted to Security Clearance standard.

Problem 1. About eight years ago I recieved a Police Caution for possesion of a small amount of cocaine whilst on a rather drunken night out with a bad bunch. I have not been near the stuff since and was never near to being what you would call an habitual user. Its something I guess I will regret forever.

Problem 2. I am on a debt management plan with CCCS. Although I have never missed mortgage payments I have Default notices on some of my credit cards.

All in all I can see it makes me sound like a really bad apple but if someone out there can help me with some info on wether its even worth me trying to be Security Cleared I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

I'm no expert but do hold SC clearance. Whatever you do don't hide the truth in the questions you have to answer. As to whether you'll get clearance ? I doubt it with a class A rap within the last 10 yrs.

Comment

There is a sticky about SC clearance which covers alot of aspects of the process etc.

They will vet you to see if you can be compromised in anyway be it for cash or blackmail. A drugs caution and being in debt doesn't look good really. One or the other one might have been ok

Only thing you can do is apply and wait. Gonna be a close one though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X