• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Amsterdam – Payroll rates validation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Amsterdam – Payroll rates validation

Hi ContractorUK Forum,

I am in the process of taking a contract in Amsterdam (6 months) for the first time. Having to put a lot of trust in the agency and payroll company.

Please can someone validate that I am not being ripped off.

Payroll company monthly fee (includes 30% application) euro300 a month
    Health insurance monthly fee approx euro200 a month

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by samuk View Post
    Hi ContractorUK Forum,

I am in the process of taking a contract in Amsterdam (6 months) for the first time. Having to put a lot of trust in the agency and payroll company.

Please can someone validate that I am not being ripped off.

Payroll company monthly fee (includes 30% application) euro300 a month
    Health insurance monthly fee approx euro200 a month

Thanks in advance
    My business in the UK used to pay £75+VAT per month for an accountant, NO setup fees.

I recently changed to an online kinda DIY accountancy for £25+VAT per month.

Health insurance? This is something seperate to your contract, so can't say as i'm not sure if this is required by Dutch law.

€300/mth -- YES you are almost certainly getting ripped off
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      Health insurance? This is something seperate to your contract, so can't say as i'm not sure if this is required by Dutch law.
      It is required by Dutch Law, but 200 is too high unless you want extensive coverage (including maternity and full dental). kiesBeter.nl - Algemeen is your health insurance site - use google toolbar to translate; you should be looking around 100-120 per month for regular/basic coverage.

Go for a natura policy and it works like the NHS - the doctors/pharmacies deal direct with your insurer. The other option (restitutie) means you pay upfront for all healthcare and claim it back from the insurer.

As a rule, dutch payroll companies are very expensive compared to UK ones, but unless you're here for a long time, it's better to stick to them - you'll still take home more if they manage to get you the 30% ruling.
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
      X