• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple Projects Within Contract On CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Projects Within Contract On CV

In past contracts I have tended to manage 1 large scale project and a couple of smaller ones concurrently, which I don't always include on the CV.

In my current role I am managing 4 sizeable projects concurrently of equal size and want to reflect on the CV - So do I go for format;

Project 1 -aaaa
    Project 2 - bbbb
    Project 3 -cccc
    Project 4 - dddd

Duties
    -
    -
    -
    -

OR

Project 1 - aaaa
    Duties
    -

Project 2 - bbbb
    Duties
    -

etc etc

A lot of the duties are common across the projects as they are standard PM tasks, some though are project specific.

I have tried both ways but seem to be quite long winded and muddled.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    In past contracts I have tended to manage 1 large scale project and a couple of smaller ones concurrently, which I don't always include on the CV.

In my current role I am managing 4 sizeable projects concurrently of equal size and want to reflect on the CV - So do I go for format;

Project 1 -aaaa
    Project 2 - bbbb
    Project 3 -cccc
    Project 4 - dddd

Duties
    -
    -
    -
    -

OR

Project 1 - aaaa
    Duties
    -

Project 2 - bbbb
    Duties
    -

etc etc

A lot of the duties are common across the projects as they are standard PM tasks, some though are project specific.

I have tried both ways but seem to be quite long winded and muddled.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks.
    If there is a air bit of duplication I would go with the first option, I doubt you will get many agents who would want to re read the same stuff they have just read.
    Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

I keep even the latest role on my CV down to about 6 lines of bullet points. I see no point whatsoever in putting down anything other than the essntial points that will land you your next role. The bullet points change to suit the targeted role. Agents do seem to like the format, I suppose it suits their limited attention span.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I keep even the latest role on my CV down to about 6 lines of bullet points. I see no point whatsoever in putting down anything other than the essntial points that will land you your next role. The bullet points change to suit the targeted role. Agents do seem to like the format, I suppose it suits their limited attention span.
        WHS
        I think we can worry too much about the format. If an agent or recruiter want to find a reason not to advance your application, they'll find it. Just make sure you show you can do the job and have been successful in your roles? If the agent isn't interested in that, not sure that any amount of cv tinkering will succeed.
        Disclaimer: I still haven't worked out how they make their choices anyway, so please disregard me!
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I tend to do your first approach and list the basic project types then a bunch of the general buzzwordy responsibilities which are typically common anyway and the odd project specific bits at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

In my current role I am managing 4 sizeable projects concurrently of equal size and want to reflect on the CV -
            Keep it simple - you are a Programme Manager working on # projects. List it all under Programme Manager.

Comment

Working...
            X