• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting career as a Product Manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting career as a Product Manager

Hey all,

Permy Product Manager here from London, wanting to go contracting/consulting so I can get some varied work exp, get paid more and take some off time to time to study (part time degree) from time to time.

I was wandering whether my skillset of Product Management is suitable. I searched on the various job sites and didnt find any where as near contract roles as the more technical disciplines...

Any thoughts?

Put your CV on one of those job sites or send it out to agencies, and see if you get any calls.

There are quite a few niche skills where most jobs aren't advertised on job sites.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Put your CV on one of those job sites or send it out to agencies, and see if you get any calls.

There are quite a few niche skills where most jobs aren't advertised on job sites.
      Hi SueEllen, where could I get a list of reputable agents? Also, can you recommend me a job site you mentioned? I suppose those may not be posted here, so could you send me a message?

Thanks.
      My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

If you want to be a contractor in a business role, you'd need to be a business consultant, and on the whole I think you'd working through a business consultancy, or firm of accountants. Short term managers would be hired from these types of companies. If you want to freelance then the best route is in a technical route. Otherwise if I were you I'd try and get in one of the big accountancy companies.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X