• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and CV's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting and CV's

Now I have a couple of gigs under my belt how should this be reflected on my CV?

Should I just list them as I would with permmie jobs and have the date I worked at each client as only a few months making note that each position was a contract. Or should I put my Ltd as my employer and then detail the contracts within that?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Now I have a couple of gigs under my belt how should this be reflected on my CV?

Should I just list them as I would with permmie jobs and have the date I worked at each client as only a few months making note that each position was a contract. Or should I put my Ltd as my employer and then detail the contracts within that?
    Forget about your LTD. As it's only two then list each company with the dates. Go back and add the word 'permanent' and 'contract' where applicable by the date.

When you get to 7/8 come back and we'll tell you how to configure it. When you're up to 20+ or so you need a different CV. We'll be waiting.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Forget about your LTD. As it's only two then list each company with the dates. Go back and add the word 'permanent' and 'contract' where applicable by the date.

When you get to 7/8 come back and we'll tell you how to configure it. When you're up to 20+ or so you need a different CV. We'll be waiting.
      Cheers
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

WMFS.

Your CV is about selling yourself and the first thing I want my prospective client to see is recognisable names of companies not my 2 bit LTD. You have done work for your client so you are still accurately describing the situation. That's what they want to see, not who actually employed you to do it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X