• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract and IR35

Hi All,

Quick question. Would it be wise to stipulate working hours in a contract? I am trying to figure out whether that has any IR35 implications. If not what's the nest way for an agreement in terms of ensuring they are not expecting me to work 12 hrs a day and still pay me my day rate.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by 2funky View Post
    Hi All,

Quick question. Would it be wise to stipulate working hours in a contract? I am trying to figure out whether that has any IR35 implications. If not what's the nest way for an agreement in terms of ensuring they are not expecting me to work 12 hrs a day and still pay me my day rate.

Thanks
    It would be better to state the number of hours you are expected to work during the week. However, it is not unreasonable for the client to stipulate what core hours you have to do. How this affects IR35? I am unsure, but you are best to get a review done to make sure.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by 2funky View Post
      Hi All,

Thanks
      My contract states I must do 8:30 - 17:30 with an hour for lunch - never done these hours in two years. Then again it also states that I work in London which I don't

Some days I do 16 hours some days I do 4. Its all about getting the work done - which is what they are paying me for.

Comment

If your hours are stipulated by the client it can be negative from an IR35 perspective, although its unlikely to be a pivotal issue. If your working hours need to go in the contract, it would be better if they were listed under 'Agreed Hours', so it looks like something both parties have agreed on from the outset. Clearly it would make commercial sense for most contractors to follow the client's working hours so they have access to their systems, staff etc.
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

I prefer to keep working hours off the contract, agree a verbal arrangement.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll see if they do a verbal/email agreement on the hours and I don't expect to do 7.5hrs in the day.. I'm still a permie and haven't done that for 10 years !

Comment

Working...
            X