• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've Been Offered a Perm role but not sure if I should take it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Been Offered a Perm role but not sure if I should take it

Hello

I have been offered a perm role but there are a few things putting me off it.
    They have not mentioned if it includes a pension.
    Holiday entitlement is only 20 days the norm is 25
    They expect me to be travelling alot using my own car. They said I can claim mileage but this does not include insurance or the wear and tear on my car (and i cant be arsed to record all my mileage) should I be asking for a car allowance instead?

I have another interview today for a 6 month contract for a windows 7 roll out working for a large petrol company so im not in any rush and I have another interview lined up next week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul

Are you desperate for cash or do you have a warchest of some form.

You don't seem to want the job so don't take it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
      Hello

I have been offered a perm role but there are a few things putting me off it.
      They have not mentioned if it includes a pension.
      Holiday entitlement is only 20 days the norm is 25
      They expect me to be travelling alot using my own car. They said I can claim mileage but this does not include insurance or the wear and tear on my car (and i cant be arsed to record all my mileage) should I be asking for a car allowance instead?

I have another interview today for a 6 month contract for a windows 7 roll out working for a large petrol company so im not in any rush and I have another interview lined up next week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Paul
      To be honest, I think you know the answer to your question, but you are looking for opinions from others, which I don't think will make much difference to what you will do. At the end of the day, if you don't want to take the perm role, don't take it. But if you want to swollow some pride... well, you know the answer to that.

Regarding the pension scheme. Without looking at the exact details, any company that has at least 5 employees (may be less or more now, been a while since I researched this) must give their employees access to a pension. I can't remember what the number of staff required in order for a company to contribute to their employees pension, but it does also depend on the company's profits during the previous financial year, but typically the contributions is normally double the employees maximum contributions (up to I think 6% in some instances).

Regarding petrol costs, I am going to assume that it will be 45p/25p rule. This is designed to cover petrol costs as well as wear and tear. You may want to see what provisions the employer has if you have an accident in your car whilst carrying out work activities.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks 18pmeswani I have accepted there offer although not over whelmed with joy with only having 20 days leave bit like a prison sentence but I could always leave if i dont like it. Better to have something that nothing I suppose lol yeah im an gumpy git

Comment

Working...
        X