• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview request, but not sure what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview request, but not sure what to do

Hi all

I've been asked to attend an interview in Sunderland and I'm in Preston. The problem is the rate is low (£24ph Ltd), and the hassle of staying over for a few nights, then driving home, and so on has me thinking is it really worth it.
    What should I say to the agency about not really wanting the interview.

Originally posted by EngDesigner View Post
    Hi all

I've been asked to attend an interview in Sunderland and I'm in Preston. The problem is the rate is low (£24ph Ltd), and the hassle of staying over for a few nights, then driving home, and so on has me thinking is it really worth it.
    You could try "I don't want the role"

Comment

Originally posted by EngDesigner View Post
      Hi all

Me: Hi, about the interview for X. I've looked at it again and I'm no longer interested.
      Agent : Why not?
      Me : The day rate wont be enough to cover my travel and accomodation costs and still pay a decent income.
      Agent: Ok, how much do you want?
      Me : Rate x 2 ( or whatever)

Etc, etc....
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks DaveB, I'll do it that way.

Comment

Working...
        X