• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luxembourg - taxation rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luxembourg - taxation rate

I've been offered a contract in Luxembourg. The agency have put me in touch with a management company, who have produced a "financial profile" showing taking home 79% of gross. Yet, when I read the FAQ on this site, the taxation in Luxembourg can be up to 38.95%.

Is 21% tax realistic and legal? The profile showed taking a small (2,100 Euro) salary and paying tax, social security on that, but the remainder is an "allowance" paid into a (specifically) separate account.

It sounds too good to be true, which makes me suspect that it is!

Originally posted by bLanark View Post
    I've been offered a contract in Luxembourg. The agency have put me in touch with a management company, who have produced a "financial profile" showing taking home 79% of gross. Yet, when I read the FAQ on this site, the taxation in Luxembourg can be up to 38.95%.

Is 21% tax realistic and legal? The profile showed taking a small (2,100 Euro) salary and paying tax, social security on that, but the remainder is an "allowance" paid into a (specifically) separate account.

First question I would ask is.... Are you restricted to working through this particular management company? If not, are there any other management companies you can contact?

If you have found information that is contrary to what you have been told by the Management Company, why not ask them questions about the different tax thresholds? What's the worst they can say?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by bLanark View Post

It is, basically it´s tax evasion. I wouldn´t touch it with a barge pole. In Luxembourg you declare all your income.

Get an offer from another co. ITECS for example.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Replies appreciated

Thanks for the replies. The contract they have put together is awful, incorrect (and ambiguous) English, sometimes it refers to an "Employee" and other times a "Contractor". The UK agency will let me use any company I like, so I have contacted several others (that have been mentioned on these boards).

Cheers!
        Alistair

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Get an offer from another co. ITECS for example.
          I'd search for threads on ITECS here before using them. That applies to any other intermediary as well, but ITECS especially...

Boo

Comment

Working...
          X