• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT contractor demand nears seven-year high

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a total of five interviews so far this year with two probablys and one solid offer (which I've taken) to start straight after the end of current gig.

Seems to be the case that you can find work when you already have it...
    Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Had a total of five interviews so far this year with two probablys and one solid offer (which I've taken) to start straight after the end of current gig.

Yep definitely appears to be the case especially when you are on a short notice period. Agencies and companies look to grab you from you current gig. Been offered around 8 interviews so far this year and turned down 5 of them.

Comment

Few cons at clientco are jumping ship at eoc, so must be a few offers about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post

Are you still North West hunting? I've landed a gig near Winsford as it seems to be spread a little thin Blackpool/Preston way still, with South Lancs/Chesire/West Yorks being steady-to-fruitful
          Permietractor (probably)

Comment

I can tell you all that IB's are investing a lot of money this year in new tech - espec voice. follow telecomm invester news for there latest wins then get on the band wagon!

Comment

Just coming to the end of my first contract, working for the NHS (not being renewed due to public sector cutbacks). I've been looking for work in my field (mainly Cisco) for the last 4 weeks and have noticed that job ads seem to have dried up a little recently. I'm hoping this is a natural consequence of year end budget anticipation and so on. We'll see in April.

Hello by the way. This be my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumutai View Post
                Just coming to the end of my first contract, working for the NHS (not being renewed due to public sector cutbacks). I've been looking for work in my field (mainly Cisco) for the last 4 weeks and have noticed that job ads seem to have dried up a little recently. I'm hoping this is a natural consequence of year end budget anticipation and so on. We'll see in April.

Hello by the way. This be my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  Few cons at clientco are jumping ship at eoc, so must be a few offers about.
                  Done just that myself...better rate and 200 miles closer to home. Back of the net.....
                  Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Working...
                  X