• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT contractor demand nears seven-year high"

Collapse

• Wobblyheed
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Few cons at clientco are jumping ship at eoc, so must be a few offers about.
    Done just that myself...better rate and 200 miles closer to home. Back of the net.....

Leave a comment:

• PropertyCrashUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Sumutai View Post
    Just coming to the end of my first contract, working for the NHS (not being renewed due to public sector cutbacks). I've been looking for work in my field (mainly Cisco) for the last 4 weeks and have noticed that job ads seem to have dried up a little recently. I'm hoping this is a natural consequence of year end budget anticipation and so on. We'll see in April.

Hello by the way. This be my first post.

Leave a comment:

• Sumutai
    replied
    Just coming to the end of my first contract, working for the NHS (not being renewed due to public sector cutbacks). I've been looking for work in my field (mainly Cisco) for the last 4 weeks and have noticed that job ads seem to have dried up a little recently. I'm hoping this is a natural consequence of year end budget anticipation and so on. We'll see in April.

Hello by the way. This be my first post.

Leave a comment:

• Tunstall
    replied
    I can tell you all that IB's are investing a lot of money this year in new tech - espec voice. follow telecomm invester news for there latest wins then get on the band wagon!

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
    Had a total of five interviews so far this year with two probablys and one solid offer (which I've taken) to start straight after the end of current gig.

Seems to be the case that you can find work when you already have it...
    Are you still North West hunting? I've landed a gig near Winsford as it seems to be spread a little thin Blackpool/Preston way still, with South Lancs/Chesire/West Yorks being steady-to-fruitful

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Few cons at clientco are jumping ship at eoc, so must be a few offers about.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Had a total of five interviews so far this year with two probablys and one solid offer (which I've taken) to start straight after the end of current gig.

Yep definitely appears to be the case especially when you are on a short notice period. Agencies and companies look to grab you from you current gig. Been offered around 8 interviews so far this year and turned down 5 of them.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    When i've got three or four agents all eating into their margin to fill their roles at once to get me, then I'll believe it.

Ahh, the good old days of the constantly ringing phone.....

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    But at least I have communication skills.
    Well done, shouldn't that help you in finding a contract then?

There's lots of demand for the likes of me, but they tend to be smaller more technology oriented places that don't traditionally hire contractors.
    Where there is a large demand for permies it follows that there must be at least some demand for contractors.....

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    That must mean your either not very good or the market for your skills are bad. In the second case that means you should learn a new set of skills which might in term mean your not very good again since you would have realised that....
    you're
    turn
    you're

But at least I have communication skills.

There's lots of demand for the likes of me, but they tend to be smaller more technology oriented places that don't traditionally hire contractors.

Leave a comment:

• PropertyCrashUK
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    That must mean your either not very good or market for your skills are bad. In the second case that means you should learn a new set of skills which might in term mean your not very good again since you would have realised that....
    Do you enjoy kicking a man when he is down?

You could have worded that differently and still got your point across.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that permiedom is my only option.
    That must mean your either not very good or market for your skills are bad. In the second case that means you should learn a new set of skills which might in term mean your not very good again since you would have realised that....

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've come to the conclusion that permiedom is my only option.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I get the impression things are picking up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X