• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Checks Lloyds contractors (one default)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Checks Lloyds contractors (one default)

Hi, everyone I am very likely to get an assignment offered at lloyds but when checking the credit file last wk for the fist time in a few years I discovered a default back in late 2009 which was settled in full but I didn,t even know it was there, since then I have an impeccable payment record across the last 14 months.
    So do I declare it on the form and explain that I am now in dispute with the credit card company and trying to get it removed (which is the truth) or do I hope for the best that will not credit check me. I have worked in Financial services perm/contracts for over 4 years including up till end 2010 and always passed any previous checks including a 12 month period at the FSA, so squeaky clean apart from this one blip. What do you think my chances are of getting this contract?
    Life is a paradox-what u want u don't get(luv), what u get, u don't njoy(marriage), what u njoy is not permanent(job), what is permanent is boring(job).

I did 12 months at Lloyds in Halifax ending last year, and when I applied for the role they did a credit check on me. The problem was that I moved house a little while before and forgot about a small outstanding debt, and with all their correspondance being sent to my old address, I never knew about it until I found out I had a CCJ against me. I quickly applied to the Court for it to be 'set aside' which means they remove it from the credit agencies file. I settled the debt but it lingered on my credit file for a few months whilst it was being sorted out, around time I applied for the LBG role.

The top and bottom of it, is that I guess if you explain there has been some **** up, then it should be OK...

Fingers Crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by caspercat1 View Post
      Hi, everyone I am very likely to get an assignment offered at lloyds but when checking the credit file last wk for the fist time in a few years I discovered a default back in late 2009 which was settled in full but I didn,t even know it was there, since then I have an impeccable payment record across the last 14 months.
      So do I declare it on the form and explain that I am now in dispute with the credit card company and trying to get it removed (which is the truth) or do I hope for the best that will not credit check me. I have worked in Financial services perm/contracts for over 4 years including up till end 2010 and always passed any previous checks including a 12 month period at the FSA, so squeaky clean apart from this one blip. What do you think my chances are of getting this contract?
      If you declare it and explain it, then you have a strong chance that it won't count against you.

Don't declare it, and they find it, there's a strong chance that you will never work there.

I know what I'd do.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If you declare it and explain it, then you have a strong chance that it won't count against you.

Don't declare it, and they find it, there's a strong chance that you will never work there.

I know what I'd do.
        Good advice but I don't think the whole picture. Declaring you have cocked up your finances doesn't detract from the fact you have and you are a risk to the client. It is certainly a bloody good start by being honest don't get me wrong but don't sit on you laurels just because you think you have been honest about the size of your debt. The client wants to know if you are at risk of abusing your position having access to financial systems and open to fraud/blackmail etc.

On a more positive note the odd slip up that is explainable and resolved shouldn't be a stopper. We all make the odd mistake and I think they are sensible enough to know this. A constant history of being incapable of managing your own finance is more of a worry and it certainly doesn't look like this in this instance.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Declare it and also Make a note on the credit file itself (I know you can do this on Experian reports – but you’ll have to find out which credit check company Lloyds use).

This will not remove the default, but it will give you an opportunity to explain why there was a default and that you are disputing it , and what actions you are taking to resolve. At the very least, if Lloyds are looking at the credit report, they will have your side of the story…

Comment

Out of interest, below is a link to a site which tells you which banks us which Credit Agencies.

Hope this helps...

Credit Reference Agencies - Who Really Uses Who?! UPDATE - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

I know what I'd do.
              Exactly what he said.

Comment

Im at Lloyds in halalifax currently (although I came in via the HBOS side of the business last July).

It probably depends on which agency you are coming in with, but I've been advised that it's not a full blown credit check and will not leave a search footprint on your file. It is basically just a check on name address and d.o.b.

Please note this info might be bollocks but thats what the agent told me, and they never lie
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Personally, having worked at LTSB in Halifax last year, I wouldnt bother and look for another role! Its that bad.

They wanted me to extend but after 3 months I'd had enough and said no thanks. Havent regretted it either. Current contract has just extended me until August this year by which time, I'll have been there over a year.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Personally, having worked at LTSB in Halifax last year, I wouldnt bother and look for another role! Its that bad.
                    Agree having worked for LTSB in London. Worst role undertaken even though stuck at it for 18 months - never again unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                    X