• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 Second Interviews - Gap In Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What gives? Come on whose sockie was this which just received possibly the fastest ban of all time.

3 Posts. RC. You were the first to look at his. Anything you want to admit to?
    I assume said sockpuppeteer has dropped a bollock with obvious or badly setup email addresses or via known proxy IP services.

Comment

Originally posted by mmarotta View Post
      But, really... even in a good market, which this is not, three interviews lets everyone involved meet everyone else and all the decision makers can feel that they wasted sufficient time.
      Fixed.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

I've had a similar dilemma myself. I was in the process of dealing with two jobs...both interviews would be on consecutive days. The first one was a Wednesday (this was a permanent role for a long-term project) and the second was a telephone interview in Dublin (contract, 6 months, but would be renewed provided I can do my job, that isn't a worry to me ). Problem was with the permanent job is that they had two other interviews the following week and thus had to wait whereas the contract position had a very rapid start (the following week).

So I had to make a quick decision.

Strange thing happened. In the meantime I had a direct offer of a contract from the German office of my company (I currently work for the UK subsidiary which is being wound up, and thus I am in the process of being made redundant) which served me even better than the other two jobs anyway, so a very tough situation was taken away from me (phew), although I do feel bad for the other contract who really needed someone fast, found someone who could do it just in time (me) and then I had to withdraw, but I am also receiving a far better rate from the German contract too.

And hello everyone, I must find somewhere to make a proper introduction of myself now

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          What gives? Come on whose sockie was this which just received possibly the fastest ban of all time.

3 Posts. RC. You were the first to look at his. Anything you want to admit to?
          Have you read his previous posts? They're all slightly bonkers in their own way

Comment

Working...
          X