• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Blek
    (I've been working on a new project thats a week old).
    Seriously your client will live. How much progress have you actually made in a week. I'd still be on the 2nd paragraph of the business case

Comment

Tell them its purely a "commercial decision"

Its a nice cop-out that clients and agencies tend to use on many occasions when they wish to remove any humanity from their decisions.

Comment

They seemed OK about it. Apparently I wasn't the only contractor that had told them at the last minute that they weren't renewing.

Comment

Just say the commercial director has set expectations on revenue that must be made or a board decision will be made to remove you from executive power.

If they ask who this person is, just say "the missus".

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            Just say the commercial director has set expectations on revenue that must be made or a board decision will be made to remove you from executive power.

If they ask who this person is, just say "the missus".
            Just say your wife hen pecks you and won't let you continue.

Comment

Working...
            X