• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent want my ltd company details for 'security'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent want my ltd company details for 'security'

has this happend to anyone else?

I applied for a role and had a chat with agent. The role is interesting, client is pretty well known and best and most importantly the money is good.

Now, in order to get my cv sent off to the client the agent wants me to send my Ltd company details. I've never been asked to provide this information at the application stage so it sounds a bit fishy to me to say the least- I always been happy to give this information when I've been made and accepted an offer from the client.

Never at the application stage.

How do I tackle this?

Originally posted by strawberrysmoothie View Post

I applied for a role and had a chat with agent. The role is interesting, client is pretty well known and best and most importantly the money is good.

Now, in order to get my cv sent off to the client the agent wants me to send my Ltd company details. I've never been asked to provide this information at the application stage so it sounds a bit fishy to me to say the least- I always been happy to give this information when I've been made and accepted an offer from the client.

How do I tackle this?
    It depends on how much you want the role and what details they are asking for. If they are asking for your Banking logon details and password, tell them to go and take a run and jump. If they are after Incorporation details and / or VAT details, then you should be able to give it to them. If you don't trust them, then don't apply for the role with them.

I've given out my NI number in order to apply for certain roles. Ideally I wouldn't give them the details, but there has to be some trust.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

How do I tackle this?

Just ask them what they require and for what purpose at this stage. Its perfectly reasonable for them to ask to get the ball rolling on the contract paperwork ahead of interview etc as well as do vetting if that's required by the client.

Comment

How do I tackle this?
        I dont see your problem. Your LTD is who employs you/who you are a director of.

Could you imagine a consultant from Accenture talking to someone about a project and then refusing to tell them the name of the company they work for!

Something about nothing.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

WHS. Everything to do with YourCo, including it's banking details, is in the public domain anyway, so what's the problem?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

......./

How do I tackle this?
            As the others have pointed out there is lots in the public domain about limited companies.

For example once I have your company name I can go on to the Companies House website and check out who the directors are of the company. I can also look at the previous accounts you have filed.

If your company is a few years old and you are a company director I can easily do a search on your name and find out the name of your company.

I don't even have to go to the Companies House website to do this but getting documents from them tends to be cheaper.

I suggest you try it with a few smaller agencies or direct clients.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X