• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work in January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work in January

Now I understand that January is not the best month to be looking for work but my current contract finishes mid Jan I'm expecting to be out of work till at least the end of Jan into Feb but hopefuly I won't be.

I know its not impossible to get work any time of the year but how many of you have managed to bag a contract in Jan or even late Dec? Am I thinking its going to be worse than it is at that time of year normally?

Originally posted by robin View Post
    Now I understand that January is not the best month to be looking for work but my current contract finishes mid Jan I'm expecting to be out of work till at least the end of Jan into Feb but hopefuly I won't be.

I know its not impossible to get work any time of the year but how many of you have managed to bag a contract in Jan or even late Dec? Am I thinking its going to be worse than it is at that time of year normally?
    Whats your skill set. I'm seeing a fair few for .net in January (3 phone calls this week and I'm not looking).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm more general support 2nd/3rd line.

Comment

To be honest I have secured contracts at all times of the year and it doesn’t seem to me that there are any hard and fast trends on contract need. If a project requires a resource 1st week in Jan then that’s when its needed. Projects in my experience are driven by delivery date rather than the yearly budget cycle.

Comment

Found my first contract (with zero contracting experience) in January.

Also managed 3 interviews last year in December and another one so far this December. So can't be all that bad. Also all roles were commutable except for 1.

Comment

Mid January should be fine I'd have thought with Christmas out the way. I've secured a couple of contracts at that time no problem.

Comment

Luckily so far I have never been out of work in Jan always been in contract but I suppose what with Christmas and new year I always took it to be bad if you were out at that time but from what people are saying it makes me feel more confdent now if ever I was.

Comment

Working...
              X