• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do we get paid if sent home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we get paid if sent home?

I rang in today to say that i couldnt come in due to the snow. Obviously, this is my own choice and do not expect to get paid.
    I work from 3 schools.

HOWEVER

What if turn up tomorrow and find all the schools closed that I work at? Is my contract customer obliged to pay me, even if i have to go home because the schools are closed, because technically i did arrive at work?

Thanks

There is another post right below this with more or less the same question but definately the same answer. If your place of employment is closed and you can't work then you can't deliver so the customer isn't obliged to pay you I would say. If you can work from home and still deliver then I would say you have an option. It would be worth checking your contract to see if there is anything in there about this, particularly if you work for schools as they have a reputation for being closed from time to time. You might get lucky.

Apart from that I think you gotta take this one on the chin and enjoy your day off.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X